I Told my Daddy I'll Go The Distance
I told my Daddy I'll go the distanceI told him while he's busy eating lunch
Though he didn't really hear, I know in his heart he feels
"My girl is finally setting out her dreams"
I told my Daddy I'll go the distance
I'll go further beyond the moon and the stars
In Los Angeles, Sydney, Cardiff, or Arizona
In their airports I'm just gonna tick off with some Soda
I told my Daddy I'll go the distance
And get paid for more than what I am truly due
He said, "Dear, you don't need all the money in this world...
All you need is a little time for you"
I told my Daddy I'll go the distance
And wherever I go, I'll make sure he also gets a taste
I'll bring him anywhere he pleases, until his joy never ceases
All that I will do cause dollars are just my feces
I told my Daddy I'll go the distance
But everything is to him I owe
From when I was small when his voice was still my lullaby
He was there to guide me through it all
Wow! I can't believe I'm this inspired to write a poem in just 20 minutes (more or less) This was inspired by Nina's version of Going the Distance and of course, my love for my Dad ♥
Thursday, September 8, 2011 @ 7:46 AM / 0 daisies
Please view with Google Chrome in a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Picture from: Tumblr All rights reserved 2011 - Infinite.
