What happens in Central
I'm not really a fan of once-upon-a-time-we-met-in-a-bar love stories. I cannot imagine, if ever they really end up together, how they would ever so sweetly relate their story to their guests without adults struggling to explain what a bar is to the flower girls or the ring bearers listening, or how it could ever sound so sweet in the first place, or how people would interpret the love between them (whether it's real or reel), or yeah... whatever.But yesterday, on a taxi ride home, I caught my heart singing Taylor Swift's song that goes like this "i'm wonderstruck blushing all the way home, i'd spend forever wondering if you know, I was enchanted to meet you.. oh" Why? The story goes like this...
Aly, my dorm mate friend, celebrated her birthday on the 9th so we had a late birthday celebration inuman session yesterday because 1.) she just had her lab exam and it was a fail 2.) she and her boyfriend weren't in speaking terms for 4 months now 3.) Ate Nena and Ate Buens are in complicated relationships too 4.) I'm single... 5.) we want to boy-watch 6.) we want some booze 7.) this might be the last time to celebrate because of our hectic academic schedules. 8.) I ran out of reasons to justify things. So we went to Central bar in Makati which was very crowded - Yeah, crowded with cute guys, and all through the night we were just like "Aly, 11 o'clock on your back beside the palm tree". "Nena, yung nakablack, ayun ayun! wag naman sabay-sabay titingin!" Haha so basically you get what we were generally doing. We were seated outside and we were trying to ask the waiters to give us a seat inside cause there was where the music was really pumping, but when this guy in pink came in and sat on a table beside us (it was a long table and there were no separation of tables, so it was like we were with them) we changed our minds! Haha. He was sugar, spice, and everything nice to my eyes! (my dorm mates, for the first time, agreed!) So I was there, trying to change seats with Ate Nena so I can have a closer look at him (ang londeh!). We were talking and talking and he and his companion were also talking and talking but after a while, without actually remembering how, we were already chatting and kirsing with them! (they look so harmless naman so I don't think "don't talk to strangers" apply that time). So chat chat chat, landi landi landi, then of course, there was the question and answer portion of whether they're single or not. And guess what, he's TAKEN! BLEH BLEH BEBLEH BLEH! HAHAHA! But guess another what, it's complicated and they're on the brink of falling apart (Awww. Sad to hear that! Sincerely! No pun intended! HAHAHA)So when we were about to leave, we exchanged numbers and even talked about hanging out again... err. I don't know about that, but let's see (char!). He's cute like that to make us give all our numbers! We were all the more willing! Haha! It was so gentleman of him to also get us a taxi on our way home, text thank you and ingat after a little while, and texting me until now! KELEG TU DA BUNS! HAHAHA. But really now, kagagahan aside, I know what i'm doing and i'm not plunging in to this as easy as I may sound. He's 23, no job, complicated, Nah! sometimes, it's just in the surface, how they look, how they appear to be your long-lost prince charming, how they look so perfect, but in the end, they aren't. Girls these days, they're more practical than you'll ever think or imagine. It's just good that there's something new in my life right now, like a beep in my cell. As i've said, i'm not a fan of once-upon-a-time-we-met-in-a-bar love stories :)
Saturday, August 13, 2011 @ 12:41 AM / 0 daisies
Please view with Google Chrome in a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Picture from: Tumblr All rights reserved 2011 - Infinite.
